National list of programs and services
The Australian Human Rights Commission is developing a national list of programs and services that assist people with disability in the criminal justice system.
We are seeking your input about existing services and programs that help people with disability to participate in the criminal justice system. We are looking for examples of the following types of programs and services:
- Early intervention programs
- Programs and services which aim to prevent violence against people with disability
- Services and supports in police stations, courts and in custodial settings
- Diversionary measures
- Disability training programs for police, judges and correctional officers
- Policies and frameworks in the criminal justice system which aim to improve access to justice for people with disability
Your information will help us to expand upon the list of services and programs which can be found here.