Photos of immigration detention facilities
The Commission conducts visits to Australia’s immigration detention facilities in order to monitor conditions in the facilities. The Commission’s aim is to ensure that conditions meet internationally accepted human rights standards.
For further information about the Commission’s visits, click here.
For reports on the Commission’s visits, click here.
Photos taken by the Commission during visits to immigration detention facilities in the following locations are available at these links:
- Curtin, Western Australia
- Villawood, New South Wales
- Leonora, Western Australia
- Darwin, Northern Territory
- Christmas Island
- Inverbrackie, South Australia