A diverse workforce with a range of different backgrounds and perspectives provides us with a broader range of ideas and insights to draw on in decision-making and policy development. Diversity makes good business sense. A workplace that reflects the Australian community will understand its audience better, which leads to improved service delivery and a more inclusive community for all.
The Commission currently meets or exceeds APS targets for the employment of people from a non-English speaking background, people with a disability and for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The Commission supports diversity in many ways, such as:-
- implementing our Diversity Strategy
- acknowledging and celebrating Harmony Day, NAIDOC week, International Women’s Day and the International Day for People with a Disability
- membership of the Australian Network on Disability
- Workplace Reasonable Adjustment Policy
- accessible recruitment practices
- flexible working arrangements