What can you expect from a career at the Australian Human Rights Commission?
Where are we?
The Commission has a single location in the middle of the Sydney CBD surrounded by a wide range of services and facilities. The office is easily accessible with Wynyard and Martin Place station just one block away from the Commission. Other conveniently located methods of transport include bus and light rail.
Our premises have a 4 star green building rating with abundant natural light and interesting design elements.
Map and directions - https://humanrights.gov.au/about/contact
The Commission is located over three levels of 175 Pitt St, Sydney NSW. The closest cross street is King St.
What are the great reasons to work for the AHRC?
A career at the Australian Human Rights Commission will assist you with your personal and professional development and as a valued employee you will be offered a range of benefits.
Career support and development
- Opportunities to attend formal and informal courses run by either the Commission or external facilitators.
- Provision of study leave for those pursuing tertiary studies to improve their career opportunities.
- Support and guidance to help manage your own development and work to achieve your career goals.
- Lunchtime education programs.
- Cross Commission collaboration.
Flexible work options
The Commission acknowledges that employees have to balance their working life with other commitments, including family and the community. This is recognised through the provision of a range of flexible attendance options, leave provisions and other support programs.
Flexible attendance options
- Opportunity to make an individual flexibility agreement
- Opportunity to apply for a career break after 5 years of employment with us
- Flexible start and finish times
- Quiet rooms
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave (18 weeks paid primary carer’s leave from the birth, adoption or foster of the child)
- Six weeks supporting parent leave
- Christmas New Year Closedown
- Carer’s leave to support an elderly parent or child with a disability
- Four weeks of annual leave, plus the option to purchase additional leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Breastfeeding friendly workplace accreditation
- 4 star rated Green building
- Employees are encouraged to consider healthy lifestyle activities as a means to develop and maintain work and life balance with a set financial support per year.
- Support for and facilitation of exercise and fitness programs
- Flu Vaccinations
- Employees are provided with a fully adjustable Australian standard chair and ergonomic workstation
- Discounted gym memberships
- Employees have access to showers, lockers and bike storage
- Meet and work with people who have the same interests
- Employees have access to a confidential, professional counselling service to help them resolve both personal and wok related issues.
- Provision of essential work related aids and equipment to ensure that employees are able to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Attractive salaries
- 15.4% Superannuation contribution
- Support for approved tertiary study
- First aid officer allowance
- Health and safety representative allowance
- Fire warden allowance