Background to this template1
This template will help you create your own workplace discrimination and harassment policy. It covers topics relevant to the following Federal laws:
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth)
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth)
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth)
- Age Discrimination Act 2004 (Cth)
- Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986 (Cth).
Other Federal and state/territory laws may also apply to your workplace.
You may wish to customise, add or remove topics.
Read the instructions below to create your own document, and delete this page from your final version.
- Where you see <Business name> replace it with your business’s legal trading name. The quickest way to do this is to use the Edit > Replace function.
- Where you see [Guidance note (delete this later)] read and then delete the text. We’ve added guidance notes to help you complete the template. They are not intended to be part of your final version.
- Once you have finished work on the template, delete this instruction page.
- Finally, refresh the page numbers in the table of contents. Right mouse click on the table of contents > choose ‘Update Field’ > choose ‘Update entire table’.
- You may wish to print this document on a letterhead or add your logo.
 Reproduced with permission from the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission ‘Right Smart Employers’ Toolkit available at: www.humanrightscommission.vic.gov.au